MindBody Tool to Release Agitation
Have you ever been triggered by something that happened or something someone said?
…Or ruminated over and over about something that was bothering you, unable to just let it go?
Qigong (or chi gong) is a form of gentle exercise composed of movements that are repeated a number of times, often stretching the body, increasing fluid movement and building awareness of how the body moves through space.
It’s a powerful way of releasing energy in your body, especially if you get triggered!
Watch here for a quick Qigong “reset”!!
There are 3 different exercises you can try when you are in a state of anxiety or agitation.
The First is called the THYMUS THUMP:
- Use your fists or the tips of your fingers to continuously tap on your sternum.
- Breathe in and out, witnessing the energies in your body.
- Do this for one minute.
The Second is called the KIDNEY THUMP:
- Stand up and make two fists.
- With both fists, continuously tap on your back just underneath the ribcage.
- Breathe in and out, letting your body reset itself for about a minute.
The Third technique is called the FOOT SLAP:
- While sitting, cross one foot over the other leg grabbing it with the same side hand, connecting the palm of your hand with your ankle.
- Take your other hand and continuously slap the bottom of your foot that rests on your leg. There is an energy point on the palm of your hand that is connecting to the energy point on the sole of your foot.
- Do it at least 15 times or up to 100 times.
- Switch sides and repeat the same steps on the other foot.
These techniques will help realign your energy centers and get your body to release that energy and reset.
And the part I most want to share with you is about what energies you are bringing to bed.
Are you sleeping with anger, resentment, worry or fear?
This energy will fester in your body while you sleep bringing disharmony. So, before you go to bed, go in the mirror and SMILE!
Look into your own eyes and send yourself love. Do this even if you don’t feel well or have had a bad day. Do this for yourself, to nurture yourself. This will allow you to go to sleep in a space of serenity.
I learned from a Qigong master, Daisy Lee, while I was doing my workshop at Kripalu. I highly recommend her work. (http://www.radiantlotusqigong.com)
P.S. What energies are you ready to release? How did this feel?!
Find Your Cure!
Get Your Personalized MindBody Medicine Prescription
Take the self-diagnostic quiz to find out exactly where to put your attention and get in depth resources unique to your needs.